Meets the criteria for orthodontics remediable tasks to Dental Assistants
This two-day course is designed to train and develop dental assistants with little to no experience in Orthodontics. Participants will develop the skills necessary to assist the Orthodontist with their everyday practice.
Minimum of three months of experience as a general practice chair-side dental assistant or hygienist OR completion of the Fundamentals of Dental Assisting Course.
To provide training for certification in the following.
- Orthodontic terminology and instruments
- Orthodontic records and photography
- Understanding different phases of orthodontic treatment
- Placing banding and bracketing
- Selecting and pre-sizing orthodontic bands
- Selecting and pre-sizing archwires
- Securing or unsecuring an archwire
- Selecting prescribed extra-oral appliances
- Removing and recementing properly contoured and fitting loose bands
- Making impressions for study casts
- Placing or removing prescribed pre-treatment separators
All necessary supplies and instruments will be provided.
“I declare that neither I nor any member of my family has a financial arrangement or affiliation with any corporate organization offering financial support or grant monies for this continuing dental education program greater than $999, nor do I have a financial interest greater than $1,000 in any commercial product(s) I will discuss in the presentation.”
Early Bird*: $729
20 Participant Limit
*Early Bird expires 1 month before course date.
15 CEU Lecture & Participation
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610
Upcoming Course Date
This course is not yet available. Check back soon!
Cancellation policy effective January 1, 2019