Prosthodontic 9-Month Internship
Available to U.S. Dentists and International dentists with US citizenship or a green card.
The Department of Restorative Dental Sciences’ Graduate Prosthodontic program offers an advanced education course entitled “Prosthodontic Internship.” The experience is tailored to include experiences in clinical Prosthetic dentistry, case analysis, didactic courses, and literature review.
This course is designed to give the practitioner an experience in didactic/clinical Prosthetic dentistry that will equip them to do more extensive treatment in their general practice. The practitioner’s clinical training will be at the University of Florida Dental Clinic under the direction of a full-time professor. In addition, the practitioner will attend and participate in selected courses and clinical case offered to the Graduate Prosthetic resident.
This course is nine (9) months in length, beginning October 1 and ending on June 30. The tuition is $26,250.00 per year, made up of four non-refundable payments of $6,562.50 each. 1st payment is due by September 1st and the 2nd by October 1st, 3rd by January 1st and final payment by April 1st. Upon completion of the Internship, continuing education hours (CEUs) and a certificate of completion from the Office of Continuing Education is awarded. In addition, you may need to purchase a laptop (College’s choice), scrubs, and certain textbooks, camera and articulator (Program’s choice). Details will be provided upon acceptance.
Completion of the Continuing Education Internship Program is an educational goal in itself, and in no way insures acceptance to a Postgraduate Residency Program. Although many resources will be provided by the selected Department, this is a Continuing Education program and is not listed on the University of Florida Registrar’s records.
If the intern desires, they may
- Actively participate in a research project with the goal being an abstract for a national meeting and future presentation.
- Assist in treatment of patients in the University of Florida Dental Clinic.
- Participate in the Prosthodontic Dental core curriculum.
- Attend the Prosthodontic Dental case conferences.
- Attend selected Prosthodontic Dental seminars and journal clubs.
- All UF Restorative Dental Sciences faculty will be participating in the program. View Faculty Bios
- For questions regarding the program, please contact the
Prosthodontics Department: (352)273-6919
- For questions regarding the application process, please
contact the SADS Department: (352)273-7800
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610
Continuing Education Units
Contact hours – varies. Lecture/Participation
|M-F, 8am – 5pm (excluding University holidays)|
* Application deadline August 1, all applications must be submitted online.
We will be utilizing a rolling admissions process by which applications are considered and evaluated as they are received. However, applications are not reviewed until they are complete. Applicants are highly encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Applicants must submit the following documentation:
- Application (available here) – Download and complete application, then submit via the link at the bottom of this page.
- Curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
Application, application fee and all required documents must be received on or before August 1st to be considered.
- Fees (all fees are non-refundable):
- Application Fee $25.00 (due with application)
- Processing Fee $100.00 (due upon acceptance)
Notice to all applicants: Acceptance into any program is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
View all UF Advanced Education CE offerings